City of Oakdale Construction Projects:
- 40th Street East of I-694 – The City’s contractor started placing curb and gutter last week. The relocation of private utilities should be completed this week on the west end of the project. It is anticipated the roadway work will continue until the end of November. If the weather cooperates for the next three weeks, there is a chance the road may be opened before winter. If the weather becomes more seasonal, the closure may have to carry over until next spring.
- Water Tower 2 Repainting (located on the south end of Eberle Park) – The City Council rejected the bids as they came in higher than estimated and budgeted. The project will be rebid this winter for the work to be done next spring.
- Lift Station 6 Replacement/Relocation (located at the intersection of Stillwater Boulevard & Ideal Avenue) – TThis project will replace the old pumps and controls and relocate the lift station approximately 100 feet further south as its currently located too close to the roadway within the bikeway/pedway that runs along the south side of Stillwater Boulevard. The contractor has installed the wet-well and valve pipe structures and is now starting the plumbing work to connect these structures to the existing sanitary sewer system. It is anticipated most of the work will be completed by the end of the year with some final site restoration completed next spring.
Other Agency Construction Projects:
- County Hwy 13 (Ideal Avenue) Improvements North of County Hwy 14 (34th Street N) – County Hwy 13 (Ideal Avenue) is now open. Washington County completed road and trail improvements. See County Highway 13 (Ideal Avenue) Phase 2 - 34th Street to 44th Street
- County Hwy 14 (34th Street N) Signal and Trail Improvements Between Hadley Ave N & LA Fitness – Washington County is doing signal replacement at the I694 interchange and building an off-roadway bikeway/pedway. The trail has been paved; the signal replacement work continues. See County Highway 14 Signal Replacement and Trail
- METRO Gold Line BRT Project from TH 120 to Helmo Avenue along Hudson Blvd, 4th Street, and Helmo Avenue – The Metropolitan Council is building a Bus Rapid Transit way. The contractor for the project, Ames Construction, indicated they will be starting on the Beilenberg/Helmo bridge work this coming week, and is scheduled to be completed by the fall of 2023. Ames has started grading the surface water treatment basins west of Helmo Avenue and south of 4th Street. The roadwork in Oakdale will progress from east to west with the Helmo-4th Street improvements from the new bridge to Hadley Avenue being completed in 2023, and Hadley south of 4th Street and Hudson Boulevard from Hadley to TH 120 being completed in 2024. See METRO Gold Line BRT project