City of Oakdale Construction Projects:
- 40th Street East of I-694 – The storm and street improvements contract has been awarded and the contractor has ordered the materials. Work is scheduled to start on September 12th. The roadway improvements are scheduled to be completed by the end of October.
- Water Tower 2 Repainting (located on the south end of Eberle Park) – The City Council rejected the bids as they came in higher than estimated and budgeted. The project will be rebid this winter for the work to be done next spring.
- Lift Station 6 Replacement/Relocation (located at the intersection of Stillwater Boulevard & Ideal Avenue) – This project will replace the old pumps and controls and relocate the lift station approximately 100’ further south as it is currently located too close to the roadway within the bikeway/ped-way that runs along the south side of Stillwater Boulevard. The contract has been awarded, however due to long lead times on the pumps/controls the contractor has not provided an actual construction schedule. It is anticipated most of the work will be completed by the end of the year with some final site restoration completed next spring.
Other Agency Construction Projects:
- County Hwy 13 (Ideal Avenue) Improvements North of County Hwy 14 (34th Street N) – Washington County is doing road and trail improvements. See County Highway 13 (Ideal Avenue) Phase 2 - 34th Street to 44th Street
- County Hwy 14 (34th Street N) Signal and Trail Improvements between Hadley Ave N & LA Fitness – Washington County is doing signal replacement at the I-694 interchange and building an off-roadway bikeway/ped-way. See County Highway 14 Signal Replacement and Trail
- METRO Gold Line BRT Project from TH 120 to Helmo Avenue along Hudson Blvd, 4th Street, and Helmo Avenue – The Metropolitan Council is building a Bus Rapid Transit way. The preconstruction meeting was held on August 18th where the contractor went over the preliminary construction schedule. They indicated the Beilenberg/Helmo bridge work will start this fall and is scheduled to be completed by the fall of 2023. The roadwork in Oakdale will progress from east to west with the Helmo/4th/Hadley improvements from the new bridge to Hudson Boulevard being completed in 2023, and Hudson Boulevard from Hadley to TH 120 being completed in 2024. See METRO Gold Line BRT project