As of November 28, 2022, online permitting is only available for roofing and siding permit and rental housing licenses. For all other building permits, please refer to the building permits page.
Apply for a Permit Online
The City of Oakdale provides a safe and secure process for online permit and license applications. To apply, follow the steps below.
- Create a user account on our online services platform.
- Complete the appropriate permit or license for your project.
- Upload your plans, photos and other helpful documents.
Creating an Online Services Account
How to Sign Up:
- Navigate to the online services platform.
- In the upper right corner, click "Log In" and select the blue button that say "Sign Up Using Secure Portal."
- Enter an email address and create a password that meets the criteria: 8 characters or more, 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 digit
- Click "Log On."
- You can then proceed with applying for a permit. During your first application, you will be prompted to complete your profile.
- Make sure to check your email filter/spam settings and check your spam folder. Emails about your applications will come from "City of Oakdale, MN" and "firstname.lastname@example.org."
NOTE: Contractors, residents and applicants will only need to create an online services account once. The account can be used to access updates from City staff throughout the permitting and licensing process, submit photos or apply for other City permits (when available). Individuals who have an account with ViewPoint Cloud for other municipalities will not need to create a new account.
After staff has reviewed your application, you will receive an email that the permit or license is ready for payment. There are three options for payment:
- Credit card via the online services portal
- In person at City Hall: 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
- Mail to Building Division: 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
To pay online:
- Click on the link in the email indicating payment is ready.
- Log in to your online services account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the online payment process via credit card.
NOTE: Online processing fees apply for credit card payment.
Once payment is received, your permit or license will be available for download.
Requesting an Inspection
Once your application has been approved, you can request an inspection through the online services portal OR by calling 651-739-5150. A confirmation email will be sent if the requested time is available, or other available times will be sent if it is unavailable.
NOTE: Submitting a request for an inspection DOES NOT guarantee the inspection. You will receive an email confirmation when the inspection is scheduled.
To submit a data request for a roofing or siding permit or rental license completed after November 28, you can search on the online services portal using the "Search" function in the upper right-hand corner. You can search by address, or permit number if you select "Record".