Public Works: Mechanic
The City of Oakdale is accepting applications for a full-time Mechanic for its Public Works Department, 1900 Hadley Avenue. Duties include: performing maintenance and repair of city vehicles and equipment, performing and diagnosing complex vehicle and equipment issues, and overseeing preventative maintenance of city vehicles and equipment. Reports to the Street and Fleet Superintendent.
Specific duties include:
- Perform skilled work in maintenance and repair of heavy and light vehicles and equipment, including fire department vehicles.
- Test, service, and repair vehicles and equipment.
- Perform tune-ups, adjustments, and oil changes.
- Operate diagnostic instruments and a variety of hand, electric, and air-driven tools.
- Provide emergency field assistance to disabled vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Assist other divisions of the Public Works Department as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Possess Class B Minnesota CDL driver’s license, or acquire within one year of hire, with driving record acceptable with the city insurance carrier.
- DOT Commercial Vehicle Inspectors Certificate.
- ASE Certification, or acquire certification within one year of hire.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a mechanic.
- The ability to respond to after hour callbacks and return to the city within 30 minutes.
- Must have own tools.
Pay Range: Starting of $24.85 per hour DOQ, with potential of $35.01 per hour after two years depending on job skills and performance; excellent benefits
Closing Date: Open until filled, with priority given to applications received by Thursday, July 29, 2021, 3:30 PM
In order to be considered, applicants should submit a completed application to email@example.com. If desired, applications may also be dropped off at City Hall, 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128, attention City of Oakdale HR.
Applicants may also submit a cover letter, resume, or reference list, but those items are not required. Applicants should not submit copies of transcripts, certifications, or similar materials for initial review. If additional materials are needed from candidates they will be requested at a later date. Applications may not be considered if they are incomplete upon submission.
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer