The City of Oakdale is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Utilities Superintendent. This position serves as a working supervisor providing extensive supervision, leadership, technical direction, coordination, administration, and management for all Public Works Employees assigned to the Utilities Division. Under the general direction of the Public Works Director, prepares and carries out comprehensive operational and maintenance programs for the city's water, sanitary sewer, and street lighting systems, in a manner that will assure the safe, economical, and efficient operation of these systems.
Specific duties include:
- Directs and supervises utilities crew and coordinates the use of equipment and materials to achieve maximum productivity. Schedules, assigns, prioritizes, and inspects the work as completed by the crew.
- Enforces safe working practices through frequent work site observations of crew members to prevent accidents. Coordinates safety training programs, and enforces safety rules as specified in the City’s safety manual and applicable department procedures.
- Maintains complete and accurate records on sewage flows, pumping rates, peak demand hours, water consumption, accomplishment reports and other data upon which operational decisions can be made. Directs emergency repairs on utilities as needed and may personally perform services in emergency situations.
- Assists the Public Works Director in planning and programming the work to be performed by the Public Works Department. Maintains complete and accurate records on workload, materials, and supplies consumed, and other data upon which operational decisions can be made. Orders materials in advance of crew needs and when the prices are most economical.
- Assists the Public Works Director in the establishment of operating policies for Public Works maintenance programs. Administers the policies of the Public Works Department.
- Refer to job description.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Technical/vocational training in a Public Works-related field, and/or relevant work experience.
- Class B Driver’s License, with a driving record that is acceptable to the city’s insurance carrier.
- At least ten (10) years of operational experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend construction plans.
- Water Supply System Operator Class B License.
- Waste Water Treatment Facility Class S-B License.
- $37.81 to $48.47 hourly, DOQ
Applications due by March 12, 2021:
Applicants should submit a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on March 12, 2021. If desired, applications may also be dropped off at City Hall prior to the same deadline. Applicants may also submit a cover letter, resume, or reference list, but those items are not required. Applicants should not submit copies of transcripts, certifications, or similar materials for initial review. If additional materials are needed from candidates they will be requested at a later date. Applications may not be considered if they are incomplete upon submission.
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer