Ice Rink Attendant
Oakdale Minnesota is accepting applications for Ice Rink Attendants for the upcoming skating season: mid-December through February, weather permitting. Attendants maintain the safety and order of the city's outdoor ice skating rinks and warming houses.
• Enforce warming house and rink rules and regulations as established by the city.
• Prepare attendance reports.
• Maintain a safe and clean ice surface by scraping and removing snow from rinks.
• Maintain cleanliness of warming house (i.e. sweep, empty trash).
• Promptly open, close, and secure the warming house according to schedule.
• Effective and respectful communication and interaction with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and the general public.
• Assist skaters as needed.
• Ability to maintain a cooperative relationship with the general public.
• Ensure a fun and safe skating environment.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work flexible work hours (evenings & weekends).
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
• Ability to perform light to medium snow shoveling.
• Basic First Aid and CPR certification desirable.
• Good communication skills.
• The ability to skate is not necessary.
- 10-20 hours per week.
- Mid-December through the end of February, weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Monday through Friday, 4 to 8 PM; Saturdays, 12 to 8 PM; Sundays, 12 to 7 PM.
- Non-school days: 1 to 8 PM. Special hours for Christmas Eve, New Years Eve.
- Other miscellaneous hours as needed.
- Pay: $12 per hour
Apply by November 8, 2021:
Julie Williams, Recreation Superintendent
City of Oakdale
4444 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer