Ice Rink Attendant
Oakdale Minnesota is accepting applications for Ice Rink Attendants for the upcoming skating season: mid-December through February, weather permitting. Attendants maintain the safety and order of the city's outdoor ice skating rinks and warming houses.
- Maintain the safety and order of the City outdoor ice skating rinks and warming houses.
- Enforce warming house and rink rules and regulations as established by the City of Oakdale.
- Prepare attendance reports.
- Maintain a safe and clean ice surface by scraping and removing snow from rinks.
- Maintain cleanliness of warming house (i.e. sweep, empty trash).
- Promptly open, close, and secure the warming house according to schedule.
- Effective and respectful communication and interaction with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and the general public.
- Assist skaters as needed.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Ability to perform light to medium snow shoveling.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to skate is not necessary.
- Ability to maintain a cooperative relationship with the general public
- Ensure a fun and safe skating environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible work hours (evenings & weekends).
- Enjoy working outdoors
- 10-20 hours per week.
- Mid-December through the end of February, weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Monday through Friday, 4 to 8 PM; Saturdays, 12 to 8 PM; Sundays, 12 to 7 PM.
- Non-school days: 1 to 8 PM. Special hours for Christmas Eve, New Years Eve.
- Other miscellaneous hours as needed.
Closing Date: November 7 or until filled. Interested candidates must submit a standard City of Oakdale employment application.
Email Application: Nathan Timmons, email@example.com
Nathan Timmons, Recreation Coordinator
4444 Hadley Avenue N
Oakdale, MN 55128
The City of Oakdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer