Senior Community Development Specialist
The City of Oakdale is accepting applications for a full-time Senior Community Development Specialist in the Community Development Department. The primary objective of the position is to implement the Resilience and Economic Development chapters of the City’s Comprehensive Plan and related administrative programs, policies and projects. Reports to Community Development Director.
General Duties Include:
- Creates, administers and coordinates resilience policy, programs, and activities related to implementing the Comprehensive Plan’s Resilience chapter.
- Develop and review policies, programs, plans, reports, and regulations, affecting environmental issues in the community.
- Lead public education efforts on issues affecting the environment
- Oversee and coordinate the city’s licensing of waste haulers.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Environmental Management Commission.
- Creates, administers and coordinates economic development policy, programs, and activities related to implementing the Comprehensive Plan’s Economic Development chapter.
- Researches and analyzes the Oakdale economy to determine policies, programs and goals in consultation with other key stakeholders
- Administers economic development programs, to include but not limited to, the business retention and expansion program, the Business Revolving Loan Fund Program and the Covid Business Recovery Program.
- Serve as the City’s representative on the Washington County Work Force Investment Board.
For complete list of responsibilities see the Senior Community Development Specialist job description
- Knowledge of environmental management and economic development principles and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or closely related field.
- Two years of responsible public sector work experience environmental, planning, economic development areas.
- Experience with computers and a variety of office software. (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 2020 Pay Range: $32.07 to $39.84 hourly, based on a nine-step compensation plan that factors in longevity. Starting salary depending on qualifications and experience.
- Excellent benefits package includes health and dental insurance, PERA pension, 12 paid holidays, and ample PTO package.
Closing Date: Monday, July 13, 2020; noon
Interested applicants must submit an employment application (PDF) and resume to:
Bob Streetar, DPA
Community Development Director
City of Oakdale
1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale, MN 55128
Candidates not currently employed by the City of Oakdale must submit to and successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to appointment to the position. Questions concerning the posted position and/or the selection process should be contact Bob Streetar, Community Development Director, at 651-730-2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.