The Oakdale Street Division maintains over 90 miles of streets. Crews take care of repairs, crack sealing, street sweeping, signage, and snow removal.
To report any street maintenance issue please call 651-730-2740, between the hours of 7 AM to 3:30 PM, or report online using our Citizen Request Form.
SNOW REMOVAL PROCESS: How to Help
In the case of a snow event, maintenance crews take care of clearing 92 miles of streets. To ensure an efficient and timely snow removal process, there are several things you can do to help:
- Follow the winter parking rules: no onstreet parking, daily, from 12 midnight to 5 AM, or after snowfall of 2" or more until street is plowed
- Be patient; plowing the entire city takes time
- Be prepared for winter driving and possible delays due to the weather
- Keep children away from curbs and boulevards when snowplows are out
- Keep fire hydrants clear of snow
- Don't push, shovel, blow, sweep, or plow snow onto a city street at any time
- When sharing the road with snowplows, give them room to work and don't pass a snowplow
- Place your garbage and recycling containers behind the curb line on collection day