Massage Therapy & Bodywork
The City issues licenses to businesses and therapists wanting to provide massage therapy or bodywork services or to operate a massage therapy or bodywork establishment in Oakdale.
Application Requirements: New License
- Massage Therapy and Bodywork License Application (PDF) All business partners must complete an application.
- Massage Therapy and Bodywork Supplemental Form (PDF) Must be completed by applicant’s spouse, officer, person in charge of premises, or any person(s) controlling or owning an interest in excess of five (5) percent).
- Payment to the City of Oakdale - Cash, check, Visa, Discover, and Master Card accepted. To make credit card payment, please call 651-730-2739:
Massage Premises License Fee $157.50 Massage Premises Investigation Fee $375.00 Public Hearing Notice Fee (per notice posting) $30.00 Massage Practitioner License Fee (per person) $36.75 Massage Practitioner Investigation Fee (per person) $55.00
Application Requirements: License Renewal
The license renewal process may take up to four weeks to complete.
- Massage Therapy and Bodywork License Renewal Application (PDF)
- Massage Therapy and Bodywork Supplemental Form (PDF) Must be completed if there has been a change in manager from the most recent license approval.
- Payment made to the City of Oakdale - Cash, check, Visa, Discover, and Master Card accepted. To make credit card payment, please call 651-730-2739:
Massage Premises License Fee $157.50 Massage Practitioner License Fee $36.75
Once a completed application packet has been received by City staff, applicants will undergo a background investigation conducted by the Oakdale Police Department, and a report will be submitted to the City Council. Please note that the licensing process may take 6-8 weeks for new applicants.
License Term and Renewal
The term for new licenses is October 1 through September 30.
License holders wishing to renew their license must re-apply annually by August 1.