Advisory Boards & Commissions
Apply to serve on an advisory board or commission
The City of Oakdale has 44 volunteers serving on 5 advisory boards and commissions. Advisory boards and commissions generally meet one evening per month and advise the Council on various projects and, at times, make recommendations for its consideration.
All applicants apply, interview and are selected for appointment by the City Council. Apply online by completing the Citizen Advisory Board and Commission Application.
The City currently has openings on the Environmental Management Commission, Parks & Recreation Commission, and Economic Development Commission.
|Economic Development Commission||Promotes strengthening the financial base and continued
economic growth of the community and enhancing the quality of life for all Oakdale residents.
|Environmental Management Commission||Promotes the orderly disposal of solid waste and
promotes recycling, composting, water quality, wetland conservation, air quality, tree preservation, and
|Parks and Recreation Commission||Promotes matters affecting the development and use of parks
and recreational facilities in Oakdale
|Planning Commission||Promotes matters affecting planning, development, and redevelopment.|
|Tree Board||Promotes tree preservation, maintenance, and planting.|
All meetings are held at Oakdale City Hall, 1584 Hadley Avenue.
Chairpersons: $17 per meeting attended; Commissioners: $15 per meeting attended; Board members are not compensated
Applying for Appointment:
- Please complete the Advisory Board and Commission application online or
- Download the Advisory Board and Commission application (PDF) and return to the City Clerk, City of Oakdale, 1584 Hadley Avenue N, Oakdale MN 55128 or email@example.com
- Applications are active for one year and all applications will be considered for each vacancy
- When vacancies occur, applicants will be contacted to schedule an initial interview with city staff and then with the city council
- Following interviews, appointments will be made at a regular city council meeting
- Appointees may be appointed to a one-, two-, three-year, or other term.
- Appointees are invited to, and expected to attend, new member orientation by the respective staff liaison.
Conditions of Appointment:
- Missing three meetings in a row may result in removal from the board or commission.
- If you are no longer able or willing to serve please contact your staff liaison as soon as possible