Get Help

There are many community resources available in Oakdale and Washington County to help people in need. Use the links below to get started, or call Linnea at 651-730-2721.

Economic Assistance for Individuals and Families

The Washington County Community Services Department administers programs that provide support to low income residents of Washington County, such as cash support, medical programs, food support, and child care assistance. Contact the financial intake line at 651-430-6459, or learn more at their website here

Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties

Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties brings together community resources to reduce poverty. CAP programs include assistance with energy bills, Head Start and Early Start early childhood learning, and self-sufficiency training. Call 651-645-6445 for more information or visit their website

Help for Job Seekers is a free job posting site for both job seekers and employers that is specifically for jobs in Minnesota. 

The Washington County WorkForce Center connects job seekers and businesses through a variety of employment services and training options. To learn more about their programming, visit their website here

Help for People Experiencing Homelessness

In Washington County, a new system called Coordinated Access is available to help homeless individuals and families find temporary shelter and/or permanent housing. Homeless youth (age 22 and younger) should call 651-251-5214 for help. Homeless families with children should call 651-762-9124 for help. Homeless adults without children should call 651-430-6488. Visit Washington County's website here for more information.

Help for Seniors

The Senior LinkAge Line® is the Minnesota Board on Aging's free statewide information and assistance service.  Senior Linkage Line® not only helps connect you to services in your community, but also provides the actual assistance to help you get the information and personalized help you need to make good decisions. This includes providing face to face help to you in your home and community. Call 1-800-333-2433 to get started.

Help for People with Disabilities

The Disability Linkage Line is a free information and referral service for people with disabilities. There is no wrong call to the Disability Linkage Line. Inquiries can include requests for information and referrals on disability benefits programs, home modifications, assistive technology, personal assistance services, transition services, accessible housing, employment, social activities and disability rights. Call 1-800-333-2466 to get started.

Help for Veterans

The Veterans Linkage Line is a free information and referral service for Minnesota Veterans and their families. The hotline provides Minnesota Veterans and their family members with up-to-date information on all veterans benefits, both state and federal, regarding education, employment, health and disability, burials, and other available resources. Call 1-888-546-5838 to get started, or visit their website.  

Legal Aid

Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm specializing in providing professional legal help to Minnesotans who traditionally lack access to the American justice system and cannot afford the services of a private attorney. Call 612-334-5970 to get legal help, or visit their website here