Check out the array of volunteer opportunities that are available:
- ADOPT A PARK Become a caretaker of one of the City's parks. View the Adopt a Park application (PDF).
- ADOPT A WETLAND Become a caretaker of one of the City's wetlands. View the Adopt a Wetland brochure (PDF) or call 651-730-2723.
- ADVISORY COMMISSION Interested in serving on one of the City's advisory commissions: Economic Development, Environmental Management, Parks and Recreation, or Planning? View the Advisory Commission Application (PDF) or call 651-730-2704.
- BUCKTHORN Participate in an annual event to remove invasive buckthorn from a City park. Email City Forester or call 651-730-2740.
- COMMUNITY THREAD Community Thread offers an array of volunteer opportunities. To learn more, visit the Community Thread website.
- ELECTION JUDGE Be an integral part of the election process by working as an election judge. Judges are paid by the hour, different shifts are available, and training is provided. Call 651-430-6175.
- FOOD SHELF Volunteer at the Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf in a number of ways. Visit the CCEFS website.
- FAMILY FUN FLATABLES Participate in this fun annual event! Email Oakdale Recreation or call 651-747-3860.
- JUST SERVE Just Serve offers an array of volunteer opportunities. To learn more, visit the Just Serve website.
- LANDSCAPING Plant trees, shrubs, flowers, and more in city parks. Email City Forester or call 651-501-5302.
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH Sign on to be the Block Captain for your Neighborhood Watch group. Learn more about Neighborhood Watch.
- PARK CLEAN UP Every spring, volunteers tidy up the City's parks. You select the park, we provide the trash bags and a Thank You gift. Email Oakdale Recreation or call 651-747-3860.
- SPEAKER SERIES Do you have a hobby, topic, or interest you're passionate about? Consider participating in the Outdoor Speaker Series held at the amphitheater in the Oakdale Nature Preserve. Email Oakdale Recreation or call 651-747-3860.
- STORE TO DOOR Assist persons who are homebound by helping them prepare shopping lists or shop for their groceries. To learn more, visit the Store to Door website.
- SUMMERFEST PARADE Be part of the festivities by assisting in the parade staging area. Email Summerfest Parade Coordinator or call 651-747-3866.
- WASHINGTON COUNTY To learn about advisory committee opportunities with Washington County, visit Washington County's website.
Volunteer of the Year Nominations
The accomplishments of volunteers are vast and show how the efforts of one can affect many. To nominate someone for Oakdale's Volunteer of the Year, please call 651-730-2704.