Check out the wide array of volunteer opportunities:
- ADOPT A PARK Become a caretaker of one of the City's parks. View the Adopt a Park Application (PDF) or call Teresa at 651-739-5086.
- ADOPT A WETLAND Become a caretaker of one of the City's wetlands. View the Adopt a Wetland Application (PDF) or call 651-730-2723.
- ADVISORY BOARD OR COMMISSION Submit an Advisory Commission Application (PDF) or call 651-730-2704.
- BUCKTHORN Participate in an annual event to remove invasive buckthorn from a City park. Email City Forester or call 651-730-2740.
- COMMUNITY THREAD Learn more by visiting the Community Thread web site.
- ELECTION JUDGE Be an integral part of the election process by working as an election judge. Hourly pay, shifts options, and training provided. Call 651-430-6175.
- FOOD SHELF Volunteer at the Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf in a number of ways. Visit the CCEFS web site.
- FAMILY FUN FLATABLES Participate in this fun annual event! Email Oakdale Recreation or call 651-747-3860.
- HANDS ON TWIN CITIES To learn about volunteer opportunities in the metro area, visit the Hands On Twin Cities web site.
- JUST SERVE Just Serve offers an array of volunteer opportunities. To learn more, visit the Just Serve web site.
- LANDSCAPING Plant trees, shrubs, flowers, and more in city parks. Email City Forester or call 651-501-5302.
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH Sign on to be the Block Captain for your Neighborhood Watch group. Learn more about Neighborhood Watch.
- PARK CLEAN UP Each spring, volunteers tidy up the City's parks. You select the park, we provide the trash bags and a Thank You gift! Email Oakdale Recreation or call 651-747-3860.
- SPEAKER SERIES Do you have a hobby, topic, or interest you're passionate about? Participate in the Outdoor Speaker Series. Email Oakdale Recreation or call 651-747-3860.
- STORE TO DOOR Assist persons who are homebound by helping them prepare shopping lists or shop for their groceries. To learn more, visit the Store to Door web site.
- SUMMERFEST PARADE Be part of the festivities by assisting in the parade staging area. Email Summerfest Parade Coordinator or call 651-747-3866.
- VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER Be someone's hero by serving the community as a paid-on-call firefighter. View the Volunteer Firefighter Application form (PDF). To learn more, call Fire Chief Anderson at 651-731-8886.
- WASHINGTON COUNTY To learn more, visit Washington County's web site.
Volunteer of the Year Nominations
The accomplishments of volunteers are vast and show how the efforts of one can affect many. Nominate a Volunteer of the Year.