- Individuals applying for a scholarship must be 17 years of age or younger and reside in the City of Oakdale.
- To qualify for assistance, families with school age children must qualify for the ISD 622 free or reduced school lunch program and provide a copy of their acceptance. Families with only preschool age children need only express the need for assistance in order to participate.
- Scholarships will be awarded on first come first serve basis.
- Scholarship recipients may register for only one activity per season. This will allow everyone an equal opportunity to participate in the recreation programs.
- There is no limit to the number of scholarships any individual or family can receive per year. However, Oakdale Recreation does reserve the right to limit scholarships for those programs with limited registration.
- A scholarship will provide a 2/3 reduction in the price, with the participant paying 1/3 of the program fee to Oakdale Recreation for each program. No other discount will apply. The refund policy would remain in effect with no refunds after the start of the activity, and a $5 service fee charged for the cancellation prior to the start of the activity.
- Scholarship applicants must fill out a scholarship application form and return it to the Oakdale Recreation Department office along with their program registration and program fee due (1/3 of the set fee).
- If you desire to write a thank you note for a scholarship, the note may be directed to the mayor and City Council, 1584 Hadley Avenue N., Oakdale, MN 55128.
- For more information on this program, please call 651-747-3860. This information will be kept strictly confidential.
View the Program Scholarship Application Form (PDF). Please print off this form, fill it out, and bring it to the Oakdale Discovery Center, 4444 Hadley Avenue. If you have questions please call 651-747-3860.